Have you ever attended a meeting to prepare the meeting the next day and so on? Most times the meetings are thieves of time. Let’s think about:
- Have we calculated the cost / time of each participant x number of hours of meeting?
- And once it is completed, has it specified something? Have you taken a decision?
- And then, have you been followed up it? Has it used for something?
Like the formal management meetings, the Area or Department ones can be organized in the same way:
- Establish a schedule, for example, once a month instead of once a week.
- Send an e-mail to the organizing person the issues you would like to speak.
- The Area Director or Head of Department values and decides the issues in terms of the time allotted to the meeting.
- Send in advance the agenda to attendees.
- Write down the agreements during the meeting.
- Send the minute to the attendees to validate decisions and make a follow-up.